Thursday, April 10, 2014

CONFIDENCE

Got this idea from Makayla when she wanted to hear about my thoughts on this. (However I'm not really sure if this is what you were trying to ask but let's just roll with it LOL :$).

Confidence. This word may be foreign to some of us or it may be something we're familiar with. I believe confidence plays a huge role in loving yourself. Don't believe me? Here's a little snippet of my personal experience.

I'm not going to lie on some days I look at myself in the mirror with disgust and on some days I look in the mirror proud on how I look. However before it only used to be disgust. I would hate what I saw in the mirror. I envied those girls who had that thigh gap and those girls who looked flawless with out their make up. I was so insecure with myself and my confidence was so low. When I started wearing make up I couldn't stop. If it was to walk my dog or to go to the grocery store I had to wear make up, because I sincerely thought that I didn't look good. Because of this I became cold, distant and had a negative mindset. I kept comparing myself to other girls who had everything I wanted. It was then I realized all the girls that I envied were from magazines and television. Even the girls I envied that I knew in person did something to allow themselves to reach where they are.

At that moment after a series of deep talks, support and prayer I realized I too had to do something. I was tired of feeling sorry for myself. I hated the feeling of self loathe. It didn't feel good and it reflected on who I was on the outside. You see, what you feel on the inside is how you act on the outside. If you're not feeling 100% then you're not going to be 100%. I started to exercise and watched what I ate. I began to take care of myself better by using the proper products needed for my body. Not only did I improve on my looks but I also worked on my communication skills. Back then I was an introvert. I hated talking and meeting new people. I was comfortable in my shell. I knew I wanted to meet and talk to new people but I was too damn shy. However once I started to feel good about myself on how I looked, I started to gain confidence to approach other people that I always wanted to befriend.

Now I'm not saying you have to go through this whole new makeover just so you can get confidence. What I am trying to say is that confidence lies within yourself. If you're constantly putting yourself down and feeling sorry for yourself, you're putting your confidence down. You're not believing in yourself. It took a long time to realize that make up can't help you feel 100%. Even though I love make up, make up is a false tool that people used in order to feel confident and beautiful. In reality beautiful is who you truly are. Beautiful is your natural face, your natural look. Natural is beautiful. Yes, make up is great but it shouldn't be your source of confidence. You, yourself should be your source of confidence. I'm not trying to tell any of you to stop wearing make up in order to feel confident. If make up HELPS with building your confidence then so be it because it's still today part of my confidence. Just don't let it be your source for confidence.

Here in this video I'm taking off my make up. Back then if I didn't change on how I thought then I probably wouldn't ever post this video. However I learned to accept myself for who I am. If I wanted to get that thigh gap then I'm probably going to have to exercise. If you want great things in life you have to work for it.

Song: Feels - Girrafage 
(Face Wipes: Morning Blast Facial Wipes)
I want to tag everyone to do this.
Take off your make up and be proud of who you are without it!
Because you're freaking beautiful. 

One of the main objective in life is to be happy. A lot of key things play into happiness. Confidence is surely one of them. Like I said if you want something in life you have to work for it. Confidence isn't easy to obtain but it isn't impossible to obtain. You just have to work at it and persevere. 

I'm not an expert in confidence. It took me a long time to gain confidence. I'm just sharing my personal experience and my thoughts on confidence. 

I hope you lovelies enjoyed this post and I hope it was helpful. 
Too da loo lovelies<3

6 comments:

  1. I love this post Aisha!!! :)
    It is so important to be confident in yourself and who you are!

    tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Karine!
      Thanks so much :) means a lot!
      It's true! You gotta be happy with who you are~

      Delete
  2. i have a metamorphosis about it..its like wearing a dress, you have to be confident...
    love your blog....
    followed you...hope you can check mine and follow each other...

    http://www.altaglamouroza.blogspot.com
    KimC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, I agree with you!
      Thanks for the support and I would love to follow you back :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this! It's definitely something I've struggled with for a long time now. Not necessarily about makeup, but just body image in general. I've been thinking of writing a post about body image also.. Btw, your beautiful!
    http://www.roseylittleme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful, Aisha, in and out… I love this. I might do a video too. Thanks for the inspiration. <333

    Angie
    fshnfrdm.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment<3
I read all my comments and I try my best to reply to all of them✿!